[CS-FSLUG] Howto convert wordperfect documents to some other format?

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 24 09:58:59 CDT 2004

At 10:38 AM 8/24/04, Jukka Y wrote:
>Does anyone know how to convert old wp-documents to a format that can be
>edited further in common linux word-processors (OpenOffice/Koffice/Abiword)?
>Is there commandline tools (or some free versions of Wordperfect) for that?

There is a patch for OpenOffice called WriterPerfect (version 0.2.1) that
will allow OOoWrite to open WPD documents directly - get it here:
         http://libwpd.sourceforge.net/
There is also a command-line conversion (called wpd2sxw) available at the
same site.

Neither is perfect (they use common code), but works fine for most of our
documents.