[CS-FSLUG] RE: Alpha Course - was RE: GBO Church website

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 24 08:34:40 CDT 2004

At 12:16 AM 8/24/04, Christopher Rose wrote:

>Works now. Oh, and goto http://www.luthercomment.org for an interesting
>article on the alpha program. I do not recommend that program to anyone.

Quoted from homepage: "a frank discussion of the Alpha program."  Where is
the discussion?  I could only find one side of discussion.

A couple of points they got right:
         - The Alpha Course, an introduction to Christianity ...
         - Alpha aims to be non-denominational.

A couple of points they seem to have left out:
         - Hosts are not locked into format, innovation/changes are allowed.
         - Discussion periods can be used to introduce different
viewpoints/emphasis
                 (these can turn out to be the more interesting evenings).

If your church has a serious issue with one (or more) of the sessions,
leave it out.  If a key element of your denominational teaching has been
left out, develop your own session.

Kind of like FOSS, use what you like, change whatever needs changing,
ignore what disagrees with you.