[CS-FSLUG] TD: CS-BibleStudy: Hosea 2

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Sun Aug 22 22:37:46 CDT 2004

Here is this week's reading:

http://www.biblegateway.net/cgi-bin/bible?
language=english&passage=Hosea+2&version=NIV

Ice Breaker Question: God seems to tell the people of Israel of a time
of reconciliation after punishment. Growing up, did your parents talk
about a time of forgiveness after your punishment? Would that have made
you feel better than just receiving punishment, or would it have simply
made things worse realizing what will be but only after you receive
punishment?

Study Questions:

1.) Why do you think God removed Israel from the land it lived in?
While a time of reconciliation is referred to, we know that this has
not occurred yet, at least. Do you think this is unfair in light of the
fact that Judah was able to remain an identifiable unit that returned
after a period of exile?

2.) Chapter 2 repeats many of the themes of chapter 1. What do you
infer by those themes that are repeated?

3.) Why do you think the theme of Hosea's wife and children is dropped
in favor of a direct reference to Israel and God in a marriage
relationship?

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)