[CS-FSLUG] PD: REVIEW & OUTLOOK

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Aug 20 07:29:45 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 01:43, listmail at rotundus.com wrote:
> Quoting Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu>:
>
> > Well, now that we started bombing them they've decentralized.
>
> Think of the success that the media industry has had in eliminating P2P
> services.
>
> With proper encryption, even with monitoring in place it's rather hard to break
> a determined network down.

That's about not putting the effort forth and has little to do with the
ability to track people down. It's just too large of a field of
offenders to realistically start hauling into court. Different battle
entirely... Interesting correlation though.

> > gathering. Now they've been bombing us... and their own people while
> > they are at it.
>
> How do you define "their own people"?  There are a number of US citizens who've
> been imprisoned without trial under the patriot act.  Sounds like its about the
> same idea to me... you (seemingly) cooperate with the enemy and you face
> consequences.

I don't think I follow the point you are trying to make here. What's the
similarity? I'm not sure who the "you" in your last sentence is.

JSR/