[CS-FSLUG] Linux takes Microsoft rivalry to the desktop

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 19 10:39:08 CDT 2004

At 11:23 AM 8/19/04, Frank Bax wrote:

>http://www.itbusiness.ca/index.asp?theaction=61&sid=56438
>
>The open source operating system has made significant inroads in the
>server market, but is only just coming to grips with the PC. Experts tell
>us when it's going to get there. Also: Microsoft on why it may never make it.

The MS-exec must have used an old OOo version.  SpellCheck on OOo1.1.2 does
indeed offer alternate spellings!

The pivot table (DataPilot in OOoCalc) worked for me - I think.  Is the
objective to simply rotate data so rows become columns and columns become
rows?  It took me three tries because I had never used DataPilot before
(and didn't bother to read help), but it did work!