[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Fri Aug 13 10:12:09 CDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 05:13 am, Steven T. Fricke wrote:
> Now, I am done. I can't take this group any longer. I have braved it out
> as much as I can, but you guys are driving me nuts.
>
> I can't add anything to your political rants because I just don't care
> to hear it in this forum. I was too new to consider jumping in and
> starting a *real* thread ON TOPIC and really had hopes that I would
> really find open discussion about FOSS going on from a Christian point
> of view. That sounded interesting! What might be out there that I don't
> know about yet? Based on discussions since I joined; NOTHING. I was
> hoping that maybe people knew about new versions of BibleTime or maybe
> even other new Open source bible study software. Maybe even some
> theological discussions. I can't find any of that though the political
> positioning.
>
> Let me quote your FAQ:
>
> 3.) Q: What kind of topics are allowed on CS-FSLUG?
> A: ChristianSource topics can be pretty much anything that would
> interest a Christian Linux/free software enthusiast. Troubleshooting,
> administration, new software, prayer requests, and even calm theological
> discussions are welcome.
>
> I can't find much of that going on here.
>
> About all I can see is extreme right-wing American political messages
> forwarded and discussed, and accusations that it is impossible to NOT be
> a Conservative American Republican an still be Christian. Somewhere I
> lost the FOSS discussion in all that.
>
> I even tried to pull back on the American politics by politely asking
> how many people here don't live in the USA or are USA citizens. Get a
> clue! I thought this was an international community of Christians
> discussing FOSS topics, Instead all I saw was Americans agreeing among
> themselves about extremist right-wing ideas. What if... I mean really
> think about this... What if there are people on this board who are NOT
> American and NOT extremist right-wing people and still are Christians in
> the FOSS community.
>
> I have no more time for this drivel. I am unsubscribing.
>
> I will continue requested prayer requests, but I think I have nothing to
> add to this group. It appears to me that you have a different agenda
> than your FAQ states.
>
> May the Lord God bless all of you.
> I pray for the best for everyone here.

Steven, my guess is you are thinking that we are arguing, but thats not the
case.

So far from this discussion I have again learned a lot about myself, and thats
the reason I like these discussions.

I cannot count how many times this group has helped me find myself and I
really thank them for it.

Here is one very major thing I have learned from this thread, but have not
completly changed my opinion yet, this is that to a certain degree, what a
person that holds a public office does in their personal life does to some
degree, in some way or another affect those people under him/her.

Josiah said:

"I think the moral backbone of our leadership is important. That plays
into my vote."

then he went on to say:

I want to know where they stand.

 but I don't want a morally wishy-washy leader. Therefore, I pay attention to
it. The fact that the media makes a soap-opera out of it is something I need
to be aware of and take that into consideration as I evaluate the information
I receive. Basically, I'm saying the character of my representatives is
very important.

And I was about to respond to this but I didn't know how to put it into words
at the time, and It probably doesn't sound all that great here either, but I
think everyone will know what im trying to explain.

Here is what I was going to say:

Here are just 2 reasons I cannot vote for either candidate:

1. I cannot vote for bush because I think he only cares about his own personal
gain and agendas, and same goes for Chenny.

2. I cannot vote for Kerry, because he flat out lied about his whole veitnam
experience.

Did I say he lied? Kerry planned this whole thing. He staged the footage in
veitnam (proof is in the veterans that served with him and yes I know bush
had it all set up, but I think it's true). And since he lied about his
personal life, If I were to help vote him into office, who knows what kind of
lies he would come up with for his own agendas.

So what does this mean? It means that I just found out a hard learned lesson
that to a certain degree what a candidate does in his personal life, DOES  in
some way or another affect the citizens.

I  would hate to see you leave the list, because we are "human" : - )

--
David M.