[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

Steven T. Fricke sfricke at oilstates.com
Fri Aug 13 04:13:10 CDT 2004

Now, I am done. I can't take this group any longer. I have braved it out
as much as I can, but you guys are driving me nuts.

I can't add anything to your political rants because I just don't care
to hear it in this forum. I was too new to consider jumping in and
starting a *real* thread ON TOPIC and really had hopes that I would
really find open discussion about FOSS going on from a Christian point
of view. That sounded interesting! What might be out there that I don't
know about yet? Based on discussions since I joined; NOTHING. I was
hoping that maybe people knew about new versions of BibleTime or maybe
even other new Open source bible study software. Maybe even some
theological discussions. I can't find any of that though the political
positioning.

Let me quote your FAQ:

3.) Q: What kind of topics are allowed on CS-FSLUG?
A: ChristianSource topics can be pretty much anything that would
interest a Christian Linux/free software enthusiast. Troubleshooting,
administration, new software, prayer requests, and even calm theological
discussions are welcome.

I can't find much of that going on here.

About all I can see is extreme right-wing American political messages
forwarded and discussed, and accusations that it is impossible to NOT be
a Conservative American Republican an still be Christian. Somewhere I
lost the FOSS discussion in all that.

I even tried to pull back on the American politics by politely asking
how many people here don't live in the USA or are USA citizens. Get a
clue! I thought this was an international community of Christians
discussing FOSS topics, Instead all I saw was Americans agreeing among
themselves about extremist right-wing ideas. What if... I mean really
think about this... What if there are people on this board who are NOT
American and NOT extremist right-wing people and still are Christians in
the FOSS community.

I have no more time for this drivel. I am unsubscribing.

I will continue requested prayer requests, but I think I have nothing to
add to this group. It appears to me that you have a different agenda
than your FAQ states.

May the Lord God bless all of you.
I pray for the best for everyone here.

Steven