[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Aug 13 08:32:49 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:07, David M. wrote:
> I am not saying that what these people do is morally or legally right, but is
> it anyones business other than the person(s) involved?

I think the moral backbone of our leadership is important. That plays
into my vote. I want to know where they stand. I don't want to be like
France. The political leaders vote on morally sensitive positions. I
agree that it can be taken too far, but I don't want a morally
wishy-washy leader. Therefore, I pay attention to it. The fact that the
media makes a soap-opera out of it is something I need to be aware of
and take that into consideration as I evaluate the information I
receive. Basically, I'm saying the character of my representatives is
very important.

Dave, I understand your frusteration, but I would implore you to weigh
the candidates carefully (which I see you doing already) and vote (both
locally and nationally). I agree that neither is ideal, but not voting
does not get you or the country anywhere. In the end, it's casting a
vote to remove democratic rule from our government. I don't care who you
vote for, as long as you vote for who you thinks comes the closest in
your opinion. (I'd prefer you vote for my desired representative, but
that's lower in my concerns.)

JSR/