[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

Jerry VanBrimmer jerryvb at verizon.net
Fri Aug 13 06:52:12 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:07:03AM -0500, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:

> > What about Michael Jackson? Do you agree he is a public figure? IF he is
> > guilty (I am not saying he is, I'm just saying suppose he is), would you say
> > he should be let go free, because his child molestation was done off the
> > stage????
>
> Not the same situation as Clinton.  Clinton, as I understand it, did nothing
> illegal with Lewinski

This I will agree to, I was simply trying to point out the difficulty of separating a person's private life from his public life. Though Clinton's act was not necessarily illegal, it was immoral. All of us have a private and a public aspect to our lives. Sooner or later, what we do in private, will affect our public life. Cannot be separated, period. For instance, you do something illegal, privately. Get arrested, tried, found guilty, sentenced to prison. You go behind bars, your public life just ended.