[CS-FSLUG] Subject: 21 Steps to Becoming a Liberal

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 12 20:00:12 CDT 2004

> Oh now come on.
>
>  3. You have to believe that guns, in the hands of law-abiding
> Americans,
> are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology, in the
> hands of
> Chinese communists.
>
> it says "Law-abiding". I own a gun, and I think the Chinese Communist
> have a
> 100% more likely chance of attacking someone with their weapons than I
> do
> mine.

	That one is sarcastic, admittedly. The Dems traded info with the
Communists, you might recall, in 1996. Yet the Dems would, for the most
part, like to severely limit legal gun ownership.

> 7. You have to be against capital punishment but support abortion on
> demand.
>
> So it's wrong to kill a criminal, but Ok to kill an innocent child?
>
> NOT!

	That's the liberal view. Now the Dems, for the most part, just think
it is alright to do either. But the really liberal liberals still
support abortion but not capital punishment (take a look at Europeans,
for example, or Rep. Dennis Kucinich).

> 11. You have to believe the military, not corrupt politicians, start
> wars.
>
> So our military told Bush to start Operation Iraqi freedom? And Bush
> Sr. to
> start Operation Desert Storm?
>
> NOT!

	A lot of liberals distrust the military. A lot of the military
distrusts liberals.

> 19. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag,
> transvestites and bestiality should be constitutionally protected and
> manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
>
> So I have to believe in everything the Bible goes aginst, and hide
> everything
> I believe in?
>
> NOT!

	Well, check out what cities around America are doing. San Francisco is
far friendlier to homosexual pride events than Christmas stuff (of the
religious variety).

> Sorry I may be a liberal, but this crap is off the charts.

	I still don't think you are as liberal as you may think...

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)