[CS-FSLUG] Really bad situation

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Sun Aug 8 18:13:58 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 10:58, N. Thompson wrote:
> I think the problem in Windows is a software conflict, I've seen some
> evidence to that end, mainly when I'm not running a certain program
> the computer runs fine.

You have mentioned that you have a "mostly" clean XP install.  What
other programs do you have installed besides XP?

> My problems have switched from windows to the computer itself however,
> in trying to fix the stablity issue in Windows I did what someone
> recommended to me and I had the BIOS reset its default ("failsafe")
> settings. Since doing that the BIOS has prompted me for setup every

How did you reset your BIOS?  If it was by a jumper on the mainboard,
make sure you moved it back to the normal position.  Otherwise, the
jumper will continually reset your BIOS every time you boot.

sjm

P.S. PLEASE, everyone, wrap lines at 72 characters.  Thank you.