[OFB Cafe] Happy New Year!

Jens Benecke jens-techtalk at spamfreemail.de
Sat Jan 2 08:09:40 CST 2021

Hi,

thank you! And a happy new year to you too!

Still alive here as well. With two kids now and the normal daily family
chaos. :-)
The first lockdown in March came exactly at the right time for us, just
a few weeks after our Au pair girl left unexpectedly.
Shortly after, schools and kindergarten closed and we went into home
office. Perfect timing ...

Three months of total lockdown followed, and "reduced mobility" in
summer, with two canceled wedding parties and two canceled vacations as
collateral damage. Just before Christmas the second lockdown was announced.

I left the Apple world for good after my Macbook broke this year. It was
7.5 years old and I *still* got 250€ for it on eBay, try that with a
broken 2013 PC notebook.

I managed to coerce all (!) family members into starting to play a
musical instrument. It was basically now or never. :-)  Online tutors
are not sooo bad (and much cheaper) ... looking forward to see where
this road will lead us.

Also, so far, nobody I know personally got infected. I hope this will
not change. :)
Wish you all a happy 2021 and stay happy and healthy!

Jens

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Jens Benecke