[OFB Cafe] Need Help / Advise

Donald Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 6 12:28:28 CST 2009

I have a problem with my EMail that has apparently cropped up in the
last few days.  Maybe some of the GURUS here can help get me going in
the right direction.

I have been getting EMails addressed to my daughter in my EMail
"inbox".  She is lives in another house here in San Antonio, and is
using Road Runner from Time Warner.  I am using the AT&T DSL system
which is basically run by Yahoo.  To add to the mystery, my other
Daughter-in-law in Alexandria VA, who is using GMAIL is getting the same
thing, i.e. messages addressed to my daughter.

Does anybody have an explanation on how this happens and how to prevent
it?  I am particularly interested in who's servers are "at fault".  How
does GMAIL and YAHOO think an address to a ROADRUNNER account is legit
and accepts it?  I routinely get EMails bounced when I misspell just ONE
letter in a address.  In this case the entire address is wrong and it
get through to me!

-Don Spoon-