[OFB Cafe] windows (of opportunity)

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Mar 3 23:38:55 CST 2009

Donald Spoon wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>>
>> I don't have any answer.....it's starting now to get tough over here as
>> well.
>> As discretionary incomes are reduced, then charities, including churches
>> get a smaller and smaller piece of that pie.
>>
>> Fred
>>
> Maybe a little bit less "giving" and a bit more "doing"?

That's about all a lot of us, if not most of us can do.

> I may not have the funds to give,
> and not too many places will value my used beer bottles from my beer tree,
> but I can help out with a habitat for humanity, or help run a soup
> kitchen.

All worthy, but I was thinking more about increasing the membership of His
kingdom. Now, if you can do both at the same time, then that's a good thing
as well.

> That is what I found out at the Segs4Vets function I attended. I didn't
> personally give one to a vet... didn't even contribute,
> BUT I was there, shook their hands, said "Thanks",
> and all that seemed to be worth as much as their new machines!

It certainly is, especially after being treated so badly by the left.

> My brother-in-law seems to get a great deal of satisfaction from taking
> care of the yard at his small church plus other "handyman" chores.

We all have things we can do.....just a matter of being willing.

Fred

--
"The fundamental premise of liberalism is the moral incapacity
of the American people." ~ Alan Keyes