[OFB Cafe] Jens

Jens Benecke jens at spamfreemail.de
Mon Jun 29 01:59:52 CDT 2009

Am 29.06.2009 um 08:05 schrieb saki:

> Jens Benecke wrote:
>
>> Well. Great, in one word. Busy, in another.
>> Basically, since I temporarily left the list, I finished my PhD
>> degree*, moved to South Germany (west of the Black Forest) to start
>> a new job at Bosch (which I really enjoy), and we'll be married on
>> August 1st. :-)
>> * though I have yet to defend my thesis ... problably in autumn
>> this year.
>> But I did say I'll be back, so here I am. :)
>
> Hi, Jens,
> It's really a very good start to the day to hear good news! Well
> done on all three counts, and I wish you the best in your new job,
> your forthcoming marriage- oh, and in defending your thesis!
> Terence

Thank you! :-)

We're really looking forward to it.
We were just fixing the dinner buffet for the celebration this
weekend ... I can't wait. :-)

We'll be celebrating in the exact room(s) where the NATO convention
took place, in Baden-Baden ... where Merkel, Sarkozy, Scheffer, and
Obama met in April this year.
Last year, when we decided we'd want that place, we were told they
couldn't guarantee that the place was rebuilt in time for our wedding,
if some NATO protesters decide to burn it down :-) Fortunately, Baden-
Baden was rather quiet, most of the action was in Strasbourg.

I'll post pictures!

--
Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de - www.jensbenecke.de
Keine Lust auf Müll in ihrem Postfach? www.spamfreemail.de