[OFB Cafe] PNG Transparency and Making It Work with IE7/8

Jens Benecke jens at spamfreemail.de
Sun Jun 7 10:50:53 CDT 2009

Am 07.06.2009 um 02:40 schrieb Timothy Butler:

> Hi everyone,
> 	I'm working on a new site for a client and decided to play around a
> bit with Scriptaculous to produce animation without Flash. It works
> nicely in Firefox and Safari. But, in IE 7/8 (ignoring IE 6, even)
> black borders appear around all of the PNGs with alpha-channel
> transparency for a brief moment when they appear. It looks really bad.
>
> Supposedly, I thought, IE finally got with the program in IE 8, but...
>
> Anyone know a good fix for this? My script I use to fix IE6 and
> alpha channels doesn't seem to help here.

Hi Tim,

try "IE7.js" : http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/

"IE7 is a JavaScript library to make MSIE behave like a standards-
compliant browser. It fixes many CSS issues and makes transparent PNG
work correctly under IE5 and IE6."

Perhaps this works also for later versions of IE.

--
Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de - www.jensbenecke.de
Keine Lust auf Müll in ihrem Postfach? www.spamfreemail.de