[OFB Cafe] Joe Biden loves RIAA, DRM; hates encryption

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:25:53 CDT 2008

At Thursday 9/18/2008 14:37, you wrote:
>In McCullagh’s own words: “By choosing Joe
>Biden as their vice presidential candidate, the
>Democrats have selected a politician with a
>mixed record on technology who has spent most of
>his Senate career allied with the FBI and
>copyright holders, who ranks toward the bottom
>of CNET’s Technology Voters’ Guide, and
>whose anti-privacy legislation was actually
>responsible for the creation of PGP.”
>http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=329&tag=nl.e539
>-- “While addressing the [GOP convention],
>Sarah Palin criticized Barack Obama for not
>having enough ‘specifics.’ Obama was
>reportedly angry about the claim, but didn’t
>say exactly why.” —Conan O’Brien
>author and do not represent those of Open for Business.

For some reason most, but not all, messages from
Fred Miller come through barely readable. I'll
attach a screen shot just in case the quoted text above works for you.

The content type shows as: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Is it the utf-8 causing me problems? Most
messages are: Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Is it my mail client? I use a slightly older
version of Eudora. I've used it for many years
and am just recently seeing this behavior. And only from Fred.

~Rick