[OFB Cafe] NX ?

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 2 12:17:48 CDT 2008

For Derek (or anybody else who knows):

I recall something from the cobwebs of my mind that you were
experimenting or using NX for remote connections.  Right?

If so, would you be willing to get me started using it?

I have 5 computers on my home LAN that I currently have running VNC,
and I can connect to each computer from each computer, i.e. I can get to
any computer on the Lan  from any other computer if I need to.  I even
have connections if either one is running Winders.  The reason I say
this is that I know how to do remote connections using VNC (and XDMCP
for that matter).  I would like to explore NX for comparison and frankly
for something new to do!

Can you offer me some help in the form of pointers?

Basically, what components would I need to connect two separate
computers on my LAN?
Any tricky configuration steps and tips?

The OSes here are Debian Stable (one Debian Testing machine) and Windows XP.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-