[OFB Cafe] JOE BIDEN: RIAA STOOGE

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Mon Sep 1 19:47:00 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

>        Agreed, to an extent. But, if you let major investment banks go
> under, it would have rocked the entire economy, not just the
> investors. It wouldn't have been trickle down economics, it would have
> been downpour economics.

You seem to think that money can be invented out of thin air by the
government with no consequence. The 15% inflation we saw in 2008 is a
result of the government devaluing the currency by throwing $30
billion here, $600 billion there, without raising taxes to cover the
increased spending.

>        There's more to McCain's remark -- he goes on to say (using what
> might be best called a dash and not a period) that he supports keeping
> troops there for 100 years in the same manner they are in South Korea
> (i.e. not fighting).

US troops are already supposed to be in Iraq in a
peacekeeping/occupying role. What sort of role do you think that
McCain plains for them for the next 100 years, if not exactly the same
as they are today?

> McCain: "As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or
> wounded or killed.

Good luck with that.

>        C'mon, Fred, you're a smart guy. I really believe that. So, stop
> sounding like the Obama campaign and start thinking for yourself. I
> know plenty of Obama supporters that can think for themselves, and
> they agree with Obama on most things, but they realize McCain is not
> Bush (and everyone seemed to understand that until this year)

McCain wasn't Bush until this year. Karl Rove significantly altered
McCain's positions on just about everything so that McCain could
retain votes from the core republican base.