[OFB Cafe] Monarch Butterflys

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 14 21:45:02 CDT 2008

We were treated to an unusual surprise today here in San Antonio.  The
Monarch Butterflys came through on their annual migration south to
Mexico.  They usually pass a bit to the west of us, so we normally don't
get to witness the migration.  I recall seeing them during the summer in
Missouri as a kid, but never knew they migrated south like birds.

I suspect this means autumn is really here!  They try to get the
migration done before the first frost.  It has really been "nice" around
here lately... probably means cold weather is near.

I just noticed an article today that the Alaska Glaciers were growing
again after an unusually cold spring and summer this year.

All ominous omens...   No Global Warming reported or documented yet this
century... (since 1998).  Global Cooling anyone?

-Don Spoon-