[OFB Cafe] Sony Laptops?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Nov 19 18:00:01 CST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Fred Smith wrote:

> I believe Packard bell was eaten by compaq, which was then eaten by
> HP.

	Actually it was NEC, which then sold it to Acer. So now it is closely
related to Gateway and eMachines. Hmm.

> My experience with Sony laptops is from 5 or 6 years back, but I
> remember that they made really good ultraportables and really bad
> full size laptops.

	Interesting, thanks, Fred.

Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth