[OFB Cafe] Happy Easter!

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Mar 28 18:21:03 CDT 2008

> Speaking about Easter, isn't it strange that in the Netherlands,
> where Waldo and I are from, we have 2 Easter days and I believe in
> Germany and Belgium and the UK as well, but here in the US and
> other countries have just one Easter day.
> Same goes for other holidays though. They have 2 Christmas days, 2
> Pentecost/Withsun days(Pinksteren in Dutch see:http://dwotd.web-
> log.nl/dutch_word_of_the_day/2007/05/201_pinksteren.html)
>
> Anyone knows where that stems from?

	Perhaps residual from the switch to the Gregorian calendar (e.g.
like how the Eastern Orthodox continue to observe Easter later than
the Western world)?

	Just speculation...

Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)