[OFB Cafe] Tilt/Shift Lens

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jul 25 21:01:55 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

	First of, thanks, everyone for the thoughts on this!

On Jul 24, 2008, at 5:32 PM, dep wrote:
> they were of course every lens on a cut-film camera -- either a press
> canera or a view -- and they're fine for their specialized purposes,
> which
> are to correct perspective distortion and to alter the plane of focus.
> other than that, though, they're just lenses.

	Hmm... thanks, dep. I've been intrigued by the "LensBaby" variety
(the one Wolfi referred to) for some time because of the interesting
focusing properties they seem to get, but then again I am not sure how
useful it would be throughout the course of normal picture taking.

	I probably will stick with something less odd. Perhaps that telescope
as a lens you mentioned.

> now that pictures work and birds is the apparent theme, this out my
> kitchen
> door, through two panes of glass. image obviously scaled way down.

	Very nice picture! Thanks, for sharing.

Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                            -- Edward FitzGerald