[OFB Cafe] Cheers!

Rick rwbowers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:49:45 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:25 AM, saki <tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Rick Bowers wrote:
>
> > If it's beer, I'll drink it.
>
> I'll drink to that! When I was 13/14 or so my father said to me "You'll
> be going to parties soon, where there will alcohol around. Take my
> advice, drink beer until you're forty, and whisky after."
>
> I took his advice, except that I started whisky well before forty, and I
> haven't stopped drinking beer either!
>
> From Don's thread:

      "Sapporo?  Gaaak!!"

I actually LIKE Sapporo beer. In fact, when I can't get Guinness at a
restaurant I always order a beer from the country the restaurant represents;
e.g.  Moretti if Italian, Sapporo when Japanese, Tsing Tao when Chinese,
etc. I haven't yet found a French beer.

I used to collect beer bottles as I traveled. I had well over 200 at one
time. I have been trying to get rid of old "stuff" lately and got rid of
nearly all the domestic bottles. I still have most of the international
ones.

One I wanted to keep was a Guinness Foreign Extra I got, I think, in
Malaysia. But my grandson, who loves bottles of all kinds, dropped it and
broke off the bottom :-(

I'm either looking for a home for the bottles I have left or they'll go to
te curb on recycling day...

~Rick