[OFB Cafe] Now off Digest Mode

Rick rwbowers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:53:29 CDT 2008

On 7/24/08, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Donald R Spoon wrote:
>

> >   saki wrote:
> >
> > Donald R Spoon wrote:
> >

> >   Tim,  I  know  I  violated  a List rule... the one about talking
> > about
> >   "age".  I standby to take my punishment.
> >

> > I just hope for your sake it´s not incontinence!
> >
> > Terence
> >

> >   "Depends"...
> >   :-)
>

>        For a pun that bad, I may have to invoke my listmeister smiting
> abilities.
>
>        After all, punny minds stink alike...
>
>        -Tim

This reminds me of a work experience I had several years ago (yeah, I'm
getting to it).

I had a sales engineer that worked for me. He wanted to move to Europe and
retire after a few years in the south of France. I had a need to have
someone in Europe, so we decided to send him. Since we had a business
partner in Amsterdam, we decided that would be the best place for him to
reside.

Once the plans were finalized for the move, I told him he would soon be "in
country". He realized he would be covering all of Europe, even though he
would be based in Amsterdam, thought for a second, and said "Actually, I'll
be in-continent". I laughed my A$$ off ;-) ;-)

~Rick

---

-------------- next part --------------

   On 7/24/08, Timothy Butler <[1]tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

     On Jul 24, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Donald R Spoon wrote:

     >   saki wrote:
     >
     > Donald R Spoon wrote:
     >

     >     Tim,  I  know  I  violated  a  List  rule...  the  one  about
     talking
     > about
     >   "age".  I standby to take my punishment.
     >

     > I just hope for your sake it´s not incontinence!
     >
     > Terence
     >

     >   "Depends"...
     >   :-)
             For  a  pun  that  bad, I may have to invoke my listmeister
     smiting
     abilities.
            After all, punny minds stink alike...
            -Tim

   This  reminds  me  of a work experience I had several years ago (yeah,
   I'm getting to it).

   I had a sales engineer that worked for me. He wanted to move to Europe
   and  retire  after a few years in the south of France. I had a need to
   have  someone  in  Europe,  so  we decided to send him. Since we had a
   business partner in Amsterdam, we decided that would be the best place
   for him to reside.

   Once  the  plans were finalized for the move, I told him he would soon
   be  "in country". He realized he would be covering all of Europe, even
   though  he would be based in Amsterdam, thought for a second, and said
   "Actually, I'll be in-continent". I laughed my A$$ off ;-) ;-)

   ~Rick

     ---
     Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
     Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
     [2]tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
     [3]timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                                -- Edward FitzGerald
     OfB Cafe - [4]Cafe at ofb.biz
     Brought to you by your friends at Open for Business.
     DISCLAIMER:  The  views  expressed  on  this  mailinglist  are  the
     personal