[OFB Cafe] Tilt/Shift Lens

dep dep at drippingwithirony.com
Thu Jul 24 20:53:16 CDT 2008

said Rick:

| This looks like dinner to me ;-)

they were a little scrawny -- this was a few months ago. by now they will
have eaten all my blackberries. *then* they're dinner!

irritating is that we have a substantial population of pileated woodpeckers
around here -- think woody woodpecker, 18 inches tall. i've seem one near
the house twice. once, one sunday morning, when it was raining, i went to
the kitchen for coffee and there he was, hanging on to the side of one of
the porch posts. but they're skittish and he took off before i could grab
the camera. the other time, he was in a woodpile at the edge of the woods,
and you could only see his head and neck from time to time. but that would
be the real catch. that and the red-tail hawk that circles in the valley
in front of the house. i'll get that one sometime.
--
dep

Get "Right By Me," the exciting new album from Marjorie Thompson
available now at http://www.marjoriethompson.com