[OFB Cafe] Testing Photos

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 24 16:10:32 CDT 2008

Tim,

> This is what I saw at the bottom of both messages.  The URLs worked fine
> in both messages, but note it says "A non-text attachment was
> scrubbed...".  Dunno what this means except something is eliminating the
> attachment.

It means something stripped it at your end.

   -- derek

   Hrmm.... that doesn't seem logical (says Spock, looking serious).
   1.  The  software  is  the  same  as  others  on  this  list  (Debian,
   Icedove/Thundebird)
   2.  I  get other pictures "inline" on the same settings. (rules out my
   ISP)
   3. I don't have any local filters (spam, junk mail, etc) that would do
   this.
   So lets examine the differences...
   Ah-Ha!   I am in the "digest" mode, and am the only one on the list to
   be  in that mode.  I would bet that Mailman doesn't save pics "inline"
   for  those  in  the "digest" mode as it would probably eat up too much
   server  space!  I would bet my replies are screwing up threading also.
   I  haven't  figured  out  a  way  to  reply  to single messages in the
   "digest" and not mess up the threading...
   Now  to  test  out  this  theory... turn off the digest mode and await
   pics.  Better yet, send a pic and see what happens.
   Standby  for gratuitous pics of my grandson after I change the "mode".
   :-)
   Cheers,
   -Don Spoon-