[OFB Cafe] ADMIN: A Note from Your List Administrator

Rick Bowers rwbowers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:10:41 CDT 2008

At Thursday 7/24/2008 11:40, you wrote:
>Dear friends,
>         It seems this list has become rather uncivil the past few days.
>Pretty much all three rules of the list have been violated, which is
>unfortunate. I am saddened by some of the things I've seen posted
>here, not because I happen to disagree with this or that, but because
>of the tone of the writers. I have the unique position, being the guy
>that had some tie to each of the three "streams" of lists that have
>converged to form Cafe, of knowing pretty much everyone on here to a
>greater or lesser extent for years. I've talked to some of you on the
>phone, had business dealing with some of you, moderated lists with a
>number of you and otherwise gotten to know pretty much all of you.
>While we all have our disagreements, some of them quite strong, I'd
>like to see us keep the following notes (from the official list
>welcome message) in mind. Hopefully returning to those can encourage
>us to enjoy hearty debate without drawing up enemy lines.

Well, since I started the offending thread, I feel badly that it has
decayed to this. I honestly only wanted to know if the bio-fuel for
my furnace is a good idea. It appears the answer is yes.

I've always stayed back and listened to opposing views of people. I
learn a lot that way, and can balance the pros and cons myself. I
haven't, personally, been offended by the "conversations". I learn
from that. But I'll have to agree it doesn't breed good will.

So, I'll start a new thread...

~Rick