[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Kris Deugau kdeugau at deepnet.cx
Wed Jul 23 21:12:09 CDT 2008

Timothy Butler wrote:
> 	A long time when you live either (a) in suburbia like I do or (b) the
> wilderness like you do. How do you propose making mass transit make
> sense when you live out in the hills? It seems to me mass transit only
> makes sense if you stick to urban living, e.g. much of Europe.

Or, oh, say, those big cities that Chris is so down on.  >:)

(Acutally, even there it tends to be somewhat limited, although that's
likely in large pare due to North American's attachment to our personal
oil-guzzling transportation.  From experience I can say that mass
transit to suburbia in Ottawa - at least, as of a few years ago, and I
don't think the bus routes have changed *that* much - is pretty limited
and not at all suitable for anything more than casual time-insensitive
travel.  Downtown Ottawa is pretty good, most places you can usually
catch a bus going somewhere close to where you want to get to within
about 3 blocks and 10 minutes.)

-kgd