[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Jul 22 15:21:53 CDT 2008

> This is the problem with the whole transportation industry.  You
> think your Beetle is so fuel efficient, simply because you're using
> it for a one person people mover, and it's really not.  One person
> people movers are merely convenient - they're not efficient.  In
> order to compete with the trucking industry on fuel efficiency you
> need a one person people mover that can attain 300 miles per gallon,
> assuming a 2,200 lb automobile.

	I did say "relatively efficient." For the one person people mover
business, it's over double the efficiency of my old Jeep. Given that
I'm not in the mood to haul myself and several hundred of my closest
friends, the point ends up being moot.

	That said, check out VW's concept one person vehicle that gets
something like 230 MPG...

Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas