[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Jul 22 15:15:41 CDT 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, at 12:47 PM, Chris Olson wrote:
> From: Timothy Butler
>
>> What I really dislike is that I *must* buy gas with 10% ethanol. I
>> don't want any ethanol, thank you very much.
>
> So you'd rather buy gas with MTBE, TAME, THEME, MMT or tetra ethyl
> lead in it?  Ethanol happens to be a much cleaner and more
> environmentally friendly octane-booster and oxygenate than any of
> the alternatives, thank you very much.

	I'd rather have somewhat of a choice. Government mandates aren't
going to help drive down prices or encourage development of
alternatives.

Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth