[OFB Cafe] Mercury Pro XS 250 - more problems

Chris Olson chris.olson at live.com
Tue Jul 22 00:57:56 CDT 2008

My wife and I decided to go fishing tonight.  We ended up about 18 or 19 miles from the boat landing and about sundown decided to pack it in and head back to the landing.  There was no other boats on the lake so I opened it up.  We were cruising across the lake at about 100 mph and I noticed the trim setting kept going down by itself.  If I backed off the throttle it would hold the trim setting - if I opened it up it would leak down faster.

When we got the boat on the trailer I shined a flashlight on the motor and noticed hydraulic oil leaking out of the left trim cylinder shaft.

I'm getting really tired of having to take our boat to Crystal-Pierz Marine every week to get the motor fixed under warranty.
--
Chris