[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Jul 21 23:45:40 CDT 2008

> You don't have a freaking clue what US oil companies really make
> because it's not all reported on SEC filings like is required for
> any other multinational company or industry.  Obama says he wants to
> close this tax loophole, but he'll never do it because Big Oil is
> WAY more powerful than any leader of any nation on earth.  The term
> "being over a barrel" takes on a new meaning when it comes to the
> control Big Oil has over the world economy and the political system.

Oh yes, in a time when gas prices are rising rapidly, the ideal
solution is to increase taxation on the oil companies so they have yet
another reason to raise prices. Makes sense to me!

Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats