[OFB Cafe] Bio Fuels

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Jul 21 22:13:08 CDT 2008

>> as i understand it, they are operating there only as contractors,
>> with the
>> iraqi government actually owning the oil. perhaps, though, you could
>> explain how any of this has particularly benefited the oil companies.
>
> Well, the oil companies' bottom lines would be pretty telling.  It
> doesn't
> matter that they're only contractors - they're the ones making all
> the profit
> off the oil, not Iraq.

	Are they telling? I've not seen much evidence to the fact. It could
well be, of course, that the contractor is making more money than the
owner. This would be comparable to how a construction contractor might
make more off a plot it is building for McDonald's than McDonald's
makes off that plot during construction. What would be telling is if
the contractor continued to make more money than McDonald's on the
plot after the store opened.

Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton