[OFB Cafe] that having been said . . .

dep dep at drippingwithirony.com
Sun Jul 20 21:17:26 CDT 2008

said Timothy Butler:
| > yippee. now i have a very slow computer for my bedside table!
|
| 	Yippee indeed! Perhaps it would run faster using Xubuntu?

well, i was wrong. i foolishly saw a "network" settings thing in some menu,
so i went in and put in values i knew to be correct -- and now it doesn't
work. there is a dandy app rutilt, that of course isn't installed.

problem now is that the little portable isn't getting an ip address. won't
even work with the router wide open, no authentication at all.

i've looked through all of /etc to see what file may have gotten written
to, but can't find such a thing. so it worked just long enough for me to
d/l a new opera and send one email message.

i am beginning to get cranky. again, all day on something that ought to
take five minutes.

grrrrr.
--
dep

Get "Right By Me," the exciting new album from Marjorie Thompson
available now at http://www.marjoriethompson.com