[OFB Cafe] Hicks and City Slickehs

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Fri Jul 18 18:22:33 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Chris Olson <chris.olson at live.com> wrote:
> I'm all for a big earthquake dropping the whole state of California right off the edge of the continent and killing off how ever many millions of people live in the state.  Same with the east coast - I'm all for a big tidal wave coming in and kill 'em all.  These large metropolitan areas have come to contribute little to the long term survival of mankind.

If only we had some sort of way of measuring how much people's work
was worth to others.  Like, maybe people could have a limited number
of some item that they exchanged with someone every time they used a
service or received a good, based on how much the service or good
helped them out. Then everyone would see that those worthless
Californians produce nothing that anyone wants or needs.  I mean, they
just have all this money and they sit there using up water and
producing garbage!

More seriously, I bet you can't go a day without using something that
was designed or built in California, Massachusetts or New York. The
useful stuff that comes out of major cities isn't measured by the
truck load, but if money is any indication, it's some of the most
important stuff out there.