[OFB Cafe] Photographers?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Jul 17 18:02:43 CDT 2008

>> 	Quite true! I'm carefully trying to build a collection of Canon
>> glass, but not too quickly. Pentax was tempting for all of the
>> deals  on quality, old glass that is still compatible with their
>> cameras, but  I liked Canon's overall line for my purposes.
>
> The best glass is made by Canon and Nikon.....there's really no
> other choice, IMHO.

	They certainly have the fullest selection. I ran across some old K-
mount or screw mount Pentax stuff from the 50's and 60's that
apparently is unrivaled, but their current selection left a lot to be
desired. Hence, I went Canon, despite a higher cost of entry. I
haven't regretted it.

> In some states, they'd HAVE to honor the advertised price.

	That would have been nice -- they were charging $250 for it. I
couldn't pass up a deal like that...

> One of the lenses I have is the 100mm macro...also have the ring
> flash for it which is GREAT for forensics.

	You do forensic work?

	How do you like the 100mm? I've been thinking about it, particularly
with the promotion that ends this weekend. $30 instant rebate. I'm
torn between buying it (despite the fact that I can do some macro with
my 17-85mm) and saving towards the Sigma 180-500mm.

Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas