[OFB Cafe] Old Computers for Old Guys (was: Re: Introductions?)

Derek Broughton auspex at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jul 15 07:44:36 CDT 2008

On July 14, 2008 17:32:35 Timothy Butler wrote:

> > Mine was OS/2.
>
> 	Ah, which version?

Not a clue.  Pre-Warp, anyway.  That was at work; from there I went to Windows
3.1 at home and very shortly after that WFW - on which I promptly installed a
program that made it look like OS/2.

> > My dream... :-)
>
> 	Think we'll see that anytime soon? I have mixed hopes about WiMax and
> LTE. Current 3G wouldn't be bad, if it didn't cost so much compared to
> DSL and cable internet -- of course, it still has a small footprint in
> North America, so I guess that wouldn't be all that helpful for you,
> would it?

Precisely.  If it _did_ reach me, it would be cheaper - and with far less
latency - than my satellite connection.  The cost doesn't bother me as much
as the latency - all round trips are on the order of 500-600 milliseconds.
--
derek