[OFB Cafe] Engine overheating

Peter Hollings PeterHollings at Comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 06:47:18 CDT 2008

Rick --

I had those symptoms once. The problem was that one of the cylinders had
much lower compression. At idle that cylinder wasn't doing any effective
work and was a load on the others.  Other symptoms were a rough idle and
high (unburned) hydrocarbons on an emissions test. I got rid of the car.
(I had bought it used. The prior owner must have had a low oil or
overheating event.)

Peter Hollings