[OFB Cafe] Old Computers for Old Guys (was: Re: Introductions?)

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Jul 14 08:53:40 CDT 2008

> My first (PC) GUI, and shortly after my first mouse. I still
> remember my
> excitement at seeing the cursor move around the screen.

	What was your first GUI, Terence?

> The first (dot matrix) printer, and the first -crap output- letters
> and
> staff papers print-outs.

	Ah, my bitter enemy. Dot matrix printers. Grrrr...

> Then the first CD-ROM and the Britannica for my children (so I said).

	Yes, fun. I had Grolier's Multimedia Ency

> Laptops, usb sticks- well, it doesn't stop, and for me the wonder goes
> on (three states now possible - a trit?), roaming access, powerful
> computers as mobile 'phones......

	I'm hoping the next advance will be 3G/4G cellular internet so cheap
and reliable that the Internet is simply ubiquitous without paying a
fortunate to have ubiquity.

	-Tim

> ---

Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth