[OFB Cafe] Cafe List

saki tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 02:30:12 CDT 2008

Chris Olson wrote:

> Fact of the matter is, the email mailing list is a dying breed because it's so limited in what it can do.  The vast majority of internet groups have gone to web-based forums run on software like phpBB and its ilk.

It's not a dying breed because of that- it's less popular now because so
many new to the M$ world of internet never realised how non-compliant
that company is, and accept their low non-standard "standards" that
exist solely because they were (and still effectively are) a monopoly.

(It goes with top-posting, and other solecisms)

I have never found the lack of (frequently) asinine "bells and whistles"
a handicap in communicating.

Terence