[OFB Cafe] Well, Where Is Everyone?

saki tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 03:32:34 CDT 2008

Fred A. Miller wrote:

> When did you wife die, my friend? I wasn't aware that you were widowed?!

Seven years ago next month. She had just turned fifty in that June, and
we were spending a holiday at home, doing some building/re-structuring
work on our house.

The mitral valve in her heart failed, and she died in her sleep. I'd got
up, thinking she was still asleep, and carried on working. I was only
when I took her a cup of coffee I discovered how wrong I was.

I was pleased that she passed so peacefully, but I was (and still am)
devastated by the loss.

We had known each other for thirty years, were engaged six weeks after
meeting, and married for twenty-seven.

Someone told me that that was a long time, but it wasn't- it would
always have been too short.

But I still am aware of her presence in my life, and also have our two
children, so have been blessed.

Thank you and Tim both for your concern- I do appreciate it.

Terence