[OFB Cafe] Fwd: Introduction

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Jul 7 23:40:49 CDT 2008

Hey Don,
	Somehow your introduction got routed to the admin box. Welcome
aboard! Everyone else -- check out his intro before... and then talk
to me so I can tell you some of those lies... ;-)

	-Tim

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Donald R Spoon <drspoon at sbcglobal.net>
> Date: July 7, 2008 9:32:53 PM CDT
> To: cafe-owner at ofb.biz
> Subject: Introduction
>
> Hello all.
>
> I just joined the list, indirectly as a result of a blanket invite
> from Tim to the now defunct Techtalk list that I used to haunt.
> Thanks, Tim!  I am glad to be here!
>
> I am a retired old "geezer" MD, with all the foibles generated by
> advanced age.  I am not an expert at anything, so I don't tend to
> argue much.  I got into computers as a hobby, not by profession.   I
> am primarily i386 computers running Debian Linux.  I have a couple
> of copies of Winders XP around just to do my Quicken / Turbotax, and
> to keep my wife happy.  Most of my working life was spent in the US
> Air Force in various jobs.  My "career" finished up in Bio-Medical
> Research and Development.  I was NOT a "researcher", but just a
> "manager"...  I got promoted out of all the fun!
>
> I recognize a few names from the members list...  they will probably
> all be telling a bunch of lies about me <grin>  Don't believe any of
> them!  I will be lurking for a while until I get the lay of the
> land.  I prefer "Don" instead of "Donald'.
>
> Cheers,
> -Don Spoon-

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats