[OFB Cafe] Jeff Jones (err Microsoft): Vista more secure than everything

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jan 25 13:28:08 CST 2008

Microsoft’s Jeff Jones is at it again with a report claiming that Vista
is more secure than its predecessor–XP–and every other modern operating
system out there.

I know what you’re going to say–Jones is a blowhard. He says what
Microsoft wants to say but doesn’t so the company appears above the
fray. Any number can be twisted. He’s not exactly objective. In fact,
I’m inclined to agree with you. But here’s the report anyway. Why give
Jones a podium since he’s obviously pro-Microsoft? You can still learn
from people that have an obvious stake in their analysis. To me it’s no
different than an analyst disclosing a position in a stock. As long as
it’s disclosed I’ll give it a shot.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=831&tag=nl.e539

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.