[OFB Cafe] anybody know anything about kde icon themes?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Jan 24 17:56:26 CST 2008

dep wrote:
> said Fred A. Miller:
>
> | If you use openSUSE 103 64-bit version you WILL see a very nice
> | performance increase. The ONLY time I can say not to use 64-bit, is you
> | have an HP scanner as there's not a 64-bit driver and 32-bit won't work,
> | or some other scanner that is 32-bit only.
>
> i'd been threatening to go to a denian-based system for awhile and, now
> here, i cannot imagine going back to suse. the package management and
> dependency handling alone are more than worth the price of admission. i've
> been handling out kubuntu CDs to everyone. i think it's the best
> distribution ever.

Well, someone has to use it. ;) I messed with KB and dumped it.

> am worried about some of the 64-bit stuff, and the scanner does come to
> mind -- i have an epson and use iscan. which i haven't installed yet on
> this machine.

I said HP, and HP is what I wish I did have. :( I have a pro. model
Epson....optical scanner, and of course, it must use Iscan. There's NO
61-bit version of Iscan and I have no idea when there will be.

Fred

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?