[OFB Cafe] OFB: Not Buying It: Why the MacBook Air Misses the Mark

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jan 16 17:51:29 CST 2008

My analysis of Apple's big product announcement yesterday. I really
wanted to like it, but...

----

The MacBook Air is, at first glance – or really any glance – one of
the most impressive looking little laptops ever to appear. Anyone who
hauls a laptop around a lot would be hard pressed not to be excited
about the prospect of a good, lightweight laptop with a full sized
keyboard. For me, the easy to carry PowerBook 12” has long served as
my trusty mobile companion and I was excited about the idea of a
lighter, newer model to follow in its path. Having seen the MacBook
Air, it seems in many ways to be the true successor to my PowerBook –
but if I were shopping today, a MacBook Pro would get my money.

http://www.ofb.biz/safari/article/447.html

----

Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                            -- Edward FitzGerald