[OFB Cafe] Those Darn Teachers...

saki tjmc at torhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 02:38:40 CST 2008

Donald Spoon wrote:
> Here is an Austin, TX teacher trying to sound like a lawyer on the team
> of Microsoft.
>
> http://austinist.com/2008/12/10/aisd_teacher_throws_fit_over_studen.php
>
> She doesn't seem to be particularly well-informed...

An American gift for understatement?

She shouldn't be allowed near children if her mind is as closed and
narrow as it appears to be.

She assumed it was illegal: she didn't ask the student (who, no doubt,
would have been delighted to demonstrate his knowledge).

She assumed she had the right to "confiscate" his property: she didn't
check.

She assumed that she (and only she) was right when she fired off the
e-mail: she obviously didn't carry out even a minimum of research into
the subject she thinks she "knows" about.

Not the kind of mindset I'd like in anyone teaching my children.

Terence