[OFB Cafe] JOE BIDEN: RIAA STOOGE

Fred Smith fps at xicada.com
Sun Aug 31 11:33:20 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> 2008: Now we get Joe Biden? Please. Biden's tech voting record has
> gotten a bit of attention over the last few days, primarily because
> it exposes him as a close ally of the Recording Industry Association
> of America (RIAA) and Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA),
> two industry groups that spent decades bilking their customers before
> Napster showed up and set things right. Let's not forget the Payola
> scandals. This industry has long been about telling you what to like
> and selling it to you at an exorbitant price.

Again, get your damn story straight.  Yes, Biden is so conservative on
tech issues that he's practically a republican, but 2 weeks ago you
were extolling the virtues of McCain's conservative tech stance:
Pro-big business, anti-consumer, anti-open source, anti-fair use. You
said all of these things were reasons to vote for McCain.  Now they're
reasons to vote against Biden?  McCain and Biden have identical
stances on these issues.

So which is it? In mind, I'd rather have a facist in the VP slot than
a facist as president.