[OFB Cafe] Tech Buzz: Who Deserves the Tech Vote?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Aug 27 21:41:16 CDT 2008

>> 	Most in the Midwest do just sleep away the years. After all, to
>> quote
>> one of the most famous St. Louisians,
>>
>> 	"We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
>> 	By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
>> 	Till human voices wake us, and we drown."
>>

> I knew you'd get there in the end, tim!

	But of course! :-) Neither coast can claim the greatest (or, even
second greatest) poet of the 20th century!

	What is culture if not poetry? For neither "marble, nor the gilded
monuments" shall outlive poesy. Unlike other signs of culture,

	"A poem should be motionless in time
	As the moon climbs."

Timothy R. Butler | "He that has and a little tiny wit—
Editor, OFB.biz   | With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,—
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Must make content with his fortunes fit,
timothybutler.us  | For the rain it raineth every day."
                                   -- Feste the Fool (Shakespeare)