[OFB Cafe] Nation-switchers trouble Olympic chiefs

Donald R Spoon drspoon at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 21 20:08:46 CDT 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> On August 21, 2008 15:24:41 saki wrote:
>
>> Hi,  y'all,
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/7574379.stm
>>
>> What do you Yanks think?

I think there is WAAAAY to much emphasis on the "country" and not enough
on the athletes.  For example... the "medal count", which is meaningless
in my opinion.  It is just a measure of how much a nation is willing and
able to buy a medal.  It  seems strange to me that something that is
billed to pull people together goes out of its way to point out
differences!!

I don't have any suggestions for improvement... just complaints!!

-Don Spoon-